Registered Charity Number 294848
Burns Street Studios
9 Burns Street
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 25th May 2018
The General Data Protection Regulation replaces the existing law on data protection (the Data Protection Act 1998) and gives individuals more rights and protection in how their personal data is used by organisations.
The information you provide will be held under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. We will do all we can to protect your privacy and to make sure any personal information you share with us is stored securely.
Our aim is to be as clear as possible about how and why we use information you give us. If your questions are not fully answered by the information below, please contact us.
By providing your personal details you agree to allow Masque Theatre Company to contact you either on the basis of the consents you have given us or for our Legitimate Interests in accordance with current data protection regulations. We do not share your data with any Third Parties
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
What personal data does Masque Youth Theatre collect?
The data we routinely collect includes members’ (or, where appropriate parent / guardian) Names, Addresses, Email Addresses, Telephone numbers,. We collect this data directly from our members when they join Masque Youth Theatre
What is this personal data used for?
We use members’ data for the administration of Masque Youth Theatre; and the communication of information.
How do we process your personal data?
Masque Youth Theatre Company complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date*; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
*Keeping us up to date with your details and contact preferences
o Please tell us as soon as any of your contact details change so that we can keep our records up to date.
o You can change the way we contact you or the kind of material we send you at any time.
How is your data stored?
This information is stored in digital format on an Excel spreadsheet and in the form of written applications stored at the home of the Membership Secretary.
Who is responsible for ensuring compliance with the relevant laws and regulations?
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we do not have a statutory requirement to have a Data Protection Officer. The Masque Theatre committee ensures that the organisation discharges its obligations under the GDPR.
How long we keep your data for, and why?
Members data is kept in an active file while they regularly participate in Masque Youth Theatre activities.
Inactive members are kept in a separate file, and can be deleted at any point upon request from the member, or appropriate Parent / Guardian
What happens if a member dies?
We normally keep members’ information in our archive after they die. If requested by their next-of-kin to delete it we will do so, on the same basis as when requested to remove data by a former member.
Viewing the Information we hold about you
You may request details of all the information Masque Youth Theatre holds about you by submitting a written request to our Masque Youth Leader at the address listed above or email email@example.com
Who sees your information?
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the company for purposes connected with the companies.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to be informed about the identity of Masque Youth Theatre Company and how Masque Youth Theatre intends to use your information (this is usually achieved through the Data Privacy Notice)
- The right of access to your personal data which Masque Youth Theatre holds about you.
- The right to be forgotten (erasure)- to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Masque Youth Theatre to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
- The right to rectification (correction) – to request that Masque Youth Theatre Company corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to data portability – request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.